College Secretary: JIMENEZ RUIZ Monica
The activities of College 7 reflect the strong advancement made in the employed solid state neutron-based spectroscopic techniques (experimental and computational), at both the user groups and the ILL in-house science levels.
The main instruments used for College 7 proposals are:
- Diffractometers: D1B, D2B, D4, D10, D16, D20
- SANS spectrometers: D11, D16, D22, D33
- Triple-axis spectrometers: IN1, IN3, IN8, IN12, IN20, IN22, Thales
- Time-of-flight spectrometers: IN4, IN5, IN6, BRISP
- Diffuse scattering polarization analysis spectrometer: D7
- High-Resolution Backscattering Spectrometers: IN13, IN16B
- Spin-Echo Spectrometers: IN11, IN15
If you wish to give a seminar at the ILL, please contact Jacques OLLIVIER.
He can schedule a seminar at the ILL any time.
Travel and expenses for your stay may be reimbursed. Do not hesitate if you are coming for an experiment in Grenoble (ILL, ESRF, EMBL, CEA, CNRS, ...).
7-01 Lattice dynamics
- harmonic excitations (density of states, phonon dispersion)
- anharmonicity (frequency shifts and phonon line shapes)
- electron phonon coupling
- disorder effects (local modes, hybridization, frequency shifts and broadening)
- excitations in quasi crystals
7-02 Dynamics of structural phase transitions
- critical scattering
- soft modes
- central peaks
- modulated phases
7-03 Ionic relaxation and ionic diffusion in the solid state (except liquids and glasses)
- self-diffusion and demixing
- guest dynamics in a host structure
- guest-host coupling
7-04 Spectroscopy of (nonmagnetic) molecular systems
7-05 Spectroscopy of chemi- and physisorbed species