Guide to ILL mailing lists
Instruction to subscribe to/unsubscribe from an ILL mailing list
ext_l(at)ill.fr: list of people having a User Club account
illnews_l(at)ill.fr: list of people receiving the ILL newsletter
If you have a User Club account you can subscribe and unsubscribe from https://userclub.ill.eu/userclub/user/personalData by clicking YES or NO on "Register for our mailing list".
Subscribing to mailing lists
- Choose the address with which you want to subscribe to the list Of course you can subscribe to the same list with several email addresses. Then you will need to redo the whole process with a different email address.
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you want to subscribe to the list.
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe nameofthelist Firstname Name (replace 'nameofthelist' by the name of the list you want to subscribe to and indicate your own first name and name). Leave the message body blank.
After this, you will receive a message telling you whether your request was accepted or not: if the subscription to the list is subject to any approval, the list owner may choose not to subscribe you. If so, do not send several other requests: it is useless as the result will remain the same. You can possibly send a message directly to the list owner (email@example.com) to explain why you really want to subscribe to the list...
Unsubscribing from lists
To unsubscribe from a list, do as follows:
- From the address with which you subscribed to the list, send a message to sympa(at)ill.fr.
- In the subject line of your email, type in: unsubscribe nameofthelist (replace 'nameofthelist' by the name of the list you want to unsubscribe from).
- Leave the message body blank.
If you have a User Club account you can unsubscribe from https://userclub.ill.eu/userclub/user/personalData by clicking NO on "Register for our mailing list"