College 6 is interested in the structure and dynamics of disordered systems. Disordered systems, in particular liquids and glasses, exhibit complex behaviours. Proper understanding of these systems require a multidisciplinary approach - combining neutron experiments and computer simulations have provided deeper insight into properties of disordered systems.
The main instruments used for College 6 proposals are:
- Reflectometers: SuperADAM, D17
- Diffractometers: D1A, D1B, D2B, D20, D4
- SANS spectrometers: D11, D22
- Small momentum transfer diffractometer: D16
- Triple-axis spectrometers: IN1, IN3, IN8
- Time-of-flight spectrometers: IN4, IN5, IN6, D7, BRISP
- High-Resolution Backscattering Spectrometers: IN10, IN13, IN16
- Spin-Echo Spectrometers: IN11, IN15
If you want to come to the ILL and give a seminar, please contact Markus APPEL.
He can schedule a seminar at the ILL any time (best on Monday and Wednesday).
Travel and expenses for your stay may be reimbursed. Do not hesitate to suggest giving a seminar if you are coming for an experiment in Grenoble (ILL, ESRF, EMBL, CEA, CNRS, ...).
- 6-01 Monatomic liquids and gases
- 6-02 Molecular liquids and gases
- 6-03 Liquid alloys and molten salts
- 6-04 Glassy behaviour in polymers
- 6-05 Glasses and amorphous materials
- 6-06 Short-range atomic correlations in disordered crystals (total scattering)
- 6-07 Structure and dynamics of confined and porous systems