Four-circle diffractometer with three-axis energy analysis
D10 is unique in being the only four-circle diffractometer with optional energy analysis as on three-axis spectrometers. It also possesses a unique four circle dilution cryostat for temperatures down to 0.1K, and offers high reciprocal-space resolution and low intrinsic background, to medium real-space resolution.
- Magnetic crystal structures
- Modulated structures
- Phase transitions, phase diagrams
- Diffraction at extremely high or low temperatures, under pressure, or in high magnetic fields
- Diffuse scattering
- Quasi-elastic scattering
- Crystalline thin films and multilayers
- Inelastic scattering in four-circle geometry
This layout regroups several of the options of D10 (eulerian cradle, analyser, flat-cone detector) while they are not used all at the same time. The advanced He-3 cryostat is not shown except for the air cushion platform for its liquid He-4 Dewar.