My main research interest is devoted to the microscopic structure and dynamics of polymeric liquids in out-of-equilibrium or in confinement. I use mainly Neutron Scattering techniques for my investigations with an emphasis on the in situ combination of shear/rheology and neutron scattering. I also work on the development of the reflectometry technique.
Some recent examples of my reasearchg topics are:
- Structure of polymer brushes under in situ shear load.
- Single-chain structure and dynamics of entangled polymers during non-Newtonian stationary flow.
- "The viscoelastic signature underpinning polymer deformation under shear flow”, Soft Matter 15, 371 (2019).
- "Direct Measurement of Topological Interactions In Polymers under Shear Using Neutron Spin Echo Spectroscopy", Scientific Reports9, 2823 (2019).
- ”Dynamical structure of entangled polymers simulated under shear flow”, J. Chem. Phys. 149, 074901 (2018).
- Development of Neutron Reflectometry.
- Analysis of off-specular Neutron Reflectometry.
- “Överlåtaren: a fast way to transfer and orthogonalize two-dimensional off-specular reflectivity data”, J. Appl. Cryst. 49, 2091 (2016).
- “Combined specular and off-specular reflectometry: elucidating the complex structure of soft buried interfaces”, J. Appl. Cryst. 54, 924 (2021). (pdf - 6.13 Mi)
- “2D reflectometry for the investigation of polymer interfaces: off-specular neutron scattering”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 33, 364002 (2021). (pdf - 1.67 Mi)
I have (had) the honor of working with the following people:
- Pablo Sanchez-Puga
- Javier Carrascosa-Tejedor
- Serena Cozzolino
Former team members:
- Soumya Kumar Das
- Fiona Alder
- Amelie Castel
- Tomoko Akiyama
- Albert Prause
- Georg Liesche
- Christophe Higy
- Airidas Korolkovas
- David Ring
- Johannes Zschocke
- Neha Manohar
- Emily Lin
- Juan Francisco Gonzalez
- Aljosa Hafner
- Leon Merten Lohse
- Carolyn Watkins
- Apoorva Ambarkar
- "Dielektrische Spektroskopie an Methyl-Tetrahydrofuran in Tristyrol", Diploma thesis, Technical University Darmstadt (2007). (pdf - 1.00 Mi)
- "The microscopic origin of surface slip: A neutron and X-ray scattering study on the near surface structure of flowing liquids", PhD thesis, Ruhr-University Bochum (2011).
- "FIGARO Oder das Rätsel um die Shampoo-Rezepturen", GIT Laborpraxis 4, 288 (2012).
- "Introduction to Neutron and X-ray Scattering at Small Angles" (pptx - 19.36 Mi) , Baltic Neutron School, Riga, Latvia (2012); Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2014); French-German Summer School, TU Berlin, Germany (2017); CENEM Summer School for X-ray Scattering, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany (2019).
- "Nuetron and X-ray Reflectometry" (pptx - 29 Mi), Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2012-2014).
- "Offspecular Reflectometry" (ppt - 16.97 Mi), Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2014).
- "Grazing Incidence Neutorn and X-ray Scattering" (pptx - 27 Mi), Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2014).
- "Instrumentation for Neutron and X-ray Reflectometry" (pptx - 32 Mi), Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2014).
- "Contrast Variation in Neutron Scattering at Small Angles" (pptx - 55 Mi) , Neutron Scattering Course, Uppsala Univeristy ,Sweden (2020).
- "Interfaces" satellite workshop to the ILL & ESS Europeasn user meeting, October 10-12, 2018, Grenoble, France.
- "RheoSAS" satellite workshop to the International Soft Matter Conference, September 19-21, 2016, Grenoble, France.