Diffuse Scattering Spectrometer
D7 - Diffuse Scattering Spectrometer
D7 has been dismantled. The new permanently-polarized diffuse scattering spectrometer D007 will deliver its first neutrons in 2024.
The diffuse scattering spectrometer D7 is a general purpose neutron polarisation analysis spectrometer, designed to study nuclear and magnetic short range ordered materials and magnetic defect structures.
- Magnetic short range order in frustrated magnets and spin-glasses
- Studies of non-collinear ferromagnetism
- Extended magnetic defects in antiferromagnetic materials
- Studies of hydrogen motion
- Separation of collective and single particle excitations