College 8 is concerned with the structure and dynamics of biological systems.
If you are new at the ILL or are about to become an external user and...
- you would like to join College 8, and/or
- want to find out more about submitting beamtime proposals for the college 8 subcommittee, and/or
- simply would like to find out more about the college's activities,
you will find useful guidelines below. For more information please contact : Olga MATSARSKAIA
The main instruments used for College 8 proposals are the following:
- Reflectometers: ADAM, D17, FIGARO
- Quasi-Laue diffractometer: LADI-III
- Small momentum transfer diffractometer: D16
- SANS spectrometers: D11, D22, D33
- Time-of-flight spectrometers: IN4, IN5, IN6, D7, BRISP
- High-Resolution Backscattering Spectrometers: IN10, IN13, IN16
- Spin-Echo Spectrometers: IN11, IN15
- 4-circle diffractometer: D19
College 8 organises regular seminars. Suggestions for speakers are most welcome: please send them to the college Secretary.
- 8-01 Macromolecular crystallography
- 8-02 Biological membranes
- 8-03 Solution structure of biological macromolecules
- 8-04 Dynamics of biological macromolecules
- 8-05 Methodological studies in biology and biophysics