We identify our equipment for simplifying its maintenance and managing its movements inside the institute. We use a code that informs quickly about the main specifications. For high pressure cells, here is the way we define the code:
- leading two digits denotes internal ILL order number
- first and second letter denotes code of manufacturers :
- PG > Pressurized with Gas
- PL > Pressurized with Liquid
- PCL > Pressurized and Clampled with Liquid
- third and fourth numbers revert to the maximum pressure in kbar, e.g. 70 for 7 kbar.
- following letters denote code of the material in the beam:
- AL > Aluminium
- AO > Al2O3 - Alumina or Sapphire
- CB > Copper - Beryllium
- SS > Stainless Steel
- TAV > Titanium - 6 Aluminium - 4 Vanadium (TA6V)
- TZ > Titanium - Zirconium (null-matrix alloy)
- last digits indicate the maximum sample diameter or thickness in mm.
For the sample sticks, please refer to the Low Temperatures page.