We identify our equipment for simplifying its maintenance and managing its movements inside the institute. We use a code that informs quickly about the main specifications. For gas sorption analysers and injection sticks, here is the way we define the code:
- the leading two or three digits denotes internal ILL order number. This number is incremented each time a new device is made available,
- the first and second letters denote the code of the manufacturer as follows:
- IL: ILL Stick or sorption controller
- HI: Hiden Isochema
- for sorption analysers, a digit is added to reflect the number of gases that can be mixed,
- the following letters denote the code of the sorption mode:
- VA: Volumetric sorption analysis
- GI: low-pressure gas injection
- HP: high pressure gas injection (above 200 bar)
- the last digits indicate the maximum sample diameter in mm for a stick and the maximum pressure for a sorption analyser.
For example, the injection stick 184ILHP49 is the 184th equipment introduced at the ILL. It is designed and built by our staff (code IL), withholds high pressure injections (code HP) and fits within a Ø49 mm Orange cryostat.