GHS for Dilution Inserts
The Gas Handling System for Dilution Inserts (GHS-DI) is designed from industrial components and controls dilution inserts from room temperature to base temperature (generally 40 mK) inside cryostats and cryomagnets. The system proposes several operating modes: manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic. In semi- and fully-automatic modes, the decisions are taken by a logic process controller (Schneider M340).
The unit comes with pumps, filters, nitrogen trap, valves, pipes, etc., a dump filled with a mixture of 3He and 4He and a 4He bottle. The system is connected to one of the ILL dilution inserts inserted in the sample space of a cryostat and comes preconfigured with sets of parameters matching all possible cryostat/dilution fridge couples.
The LabView graphical user interface proposes 6 screens selected from a tab bar:
- Graphs showing the evolution of the temperature, the liquid cryogens levels and the heat exchangers parameters
- A synoptic of the gas handling system providing user interaction in manual mode
- Logs of all actions and errors since the beginning of the experiemnt
- A configuration panel to select the currently used cryostat and dilution insert and change the control parameters
- An overview of the network architecture allowing to enable/disable devices and change network settings
- A FAQ page.
At the top of the screens, indicators are permanently displayed to report potential alarms and defaults. The brightness of the screen is dimmed in the absence of operator. Data are collected and stored in a database.
|Temperature setpoint (K)||X||X||40 200|
|Sample temperature (K)||X||40 554|
|Option #1 temperature (K)||X||40 556|
|Cryostat regulation temperature (K)||X||40 558|
|Cold-Valve pressure (hPa)||X||40 560|
|Liquid helium level (%)||X||40 562|
|Liquid nitrogen level (%)||X||40 564|
|Equipment status — Idle bit||X||40 550.0|
|Equipment status — Running bit||X||40 550.1|
|Equipment status — Local/Remote bit||X||X||40 550.2|
|Equipment status — Fault bit||X||40 550.3|
|NOMAD tolerance range (idle and running status)||X||X||40 552|
Please find below the release history and some instructions for updating the firmware.
- 1.00 - Initial release