Sharp - Cold neutron time-focussing time-of-flight spectrometer
Sharp is a time-focussing time-of-flight spectrometer designed for quasielastic and inelastic scattering for incident wavelengths in the range of 4 to 6 Å.
Study of dynamics and relaxation properties in condensed matter exploiting both nuclear and magnetic scattering.
- Vibrational density of states of crystalline and amorphous solids
- Dynamics of soft condensed matter such as polymers, proteins, biological membranes and gels
- Local and long range diffusion of liquids, solutions and confined systems
- Properties of quantum liquids, Fermi and non-Fermi systems
- Phase transitions and quantum critical phenomena in polycrystals and single crystals
- Spin dynamics in high-Tc superconductors
- Properties of crystal field splittings