The instrument IN11 is primarily used to study slow relaxation and diffusion phenomena in polymers, glasses and magnetic materials.
IN11 is primarily used for the study of slow relaxation phenomena:
- Reptation in polymer melts
- Alpha relaxation in glass-forming polymers
- Dynamics in micellar solutions
- Diffusion of molecules in confined media or in the bulk
- Magnetic excitations
- Spin ice and spin glass dynamics
This drawing shows the available instrument setups:
- IN11A is used for maximum resolution (up to 80 ns spin-echo time).
- IN11C is used for high signal at moderate resolution (up to 15 ns). The detector solid angle is 20 times higher than for IN11A.
- IN11 triple axis option provides a HOPG monochromator crystal in front of the detector.