We assign an identifier to our equipment to simplify its maintenance and manage its movements inside the Institute. We use a code that tells us quickly about the main specifications. For high-pressure cells, here is the way we define the code:
- the leading two digits denote the internal ILL order number
- the first and second letters denote the code of the manufacturer:
- PG > Pressurized with Gas
- PL > Pressurized with Liquid
- PCL > Pressurized and Clampled with Liquid
- the third and fourth digits refer to the maximum pressure in kbar, e.g. 70 for 7 kbar.
- the following letters denote the code of the material in the beam:
- AL > Aluminium
- AO > Al2O3 - Alumina or Sapphire
- CB > Copper - Beryllium
- SS > Stainless Steel
- TAV > Titanium - 6 Aluminium - 4 Vanadium (TA6V)
- TZ > Titanium - Zirconium (null-matrix alloy)
- the last digits indicate the maximum sample diameter or thickness in mm.
For the sample sticks, please refer to the Low Temperatures page.